The Cannabis Diaries

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Strange Things Afoot

While Marc went inside the Dairy Mart, Adam waited in the car. He stared at the girl on the payphone. She was dirty and barefoot, and kept sticking her hand down her cut off jean shorts to scratch her groin. “fuckin’ crack whore” Adam whispered to himself. Marc returned with two tall paper cups of coffee and two doughnuts in tissue paper. Adam took a coffee; he knew both doughnuts were for Marc.
“What’s the deal? You got a crush on Miss America there?” Marc asked indicating the filthy tart on the pay phone.
“Yeah…just working up the nerve to ask her to the prom.”
“Hey, why’d you wear the shirt and tie today like you’re going to work today?”
“Because I am.”
“Yeah, but for the last time, you could have just called in sick. 16 hours and we’re millionaires”
“Man what the fuck is wrong with you?”
“What?”
“Keep you’re mouth shut about that shit, man, come on!”
“What?”
“I’ve killed three people over the past seventeen years because of you can’t keep a secret. There’s less than sixteen hours until the statute of limitations is up. Then you can write a book about the robbery for all I care, until then keep your trap shut! Don’t fuck this up now; you know we’re being watched.”
Marc waived his hand dismissively as he placed it over the bench seat, looking over his shoulder pulling out of the parking lot. As they pulled away, the grungy girl at the phone spoke into the microphone in her shirt.
“I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I heard killed and robbery I think.”
A voice came to the receiver in her ear.
“We’re enhancing it now. I think it might be enough to pick them up. Good Job Anne.”

9 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

Excellent!! I have a predilection for strange things afoot, and at hand.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Oh boy.
I always say watch out for the groin-scratching girls. They can be quite troublesome, and I'm not just talking about crabs. Though there's definitely that too.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger ghartstein said...

Did she have a nice ass? Was it heart-shaped or tight and round? Just trying to get the full visual...

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

Mr G, my guess is tight and round

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Nick Danger said...

Actually in my head she was an actual crack whore I saw walking to a baseball game last week. I only mentioned her to lend reality to the dairy mart parking lot. She wasn't supposed to be in the story at all. I was going to do a "self discovery" thing where Adam came to terms with three murders. But Rae Ann suggested she be a cop so I went with that. These "sub stories are what I post when I don’t have time to post. I wrote this in two five minute sessions.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger SierraBella said...

What kind of world is this where you can't even trust a crack ho?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Hermes said...

Nick, Was she a "butterface?" Everything looks tip top....BUT HER FACE.

Oh, and her filthy, disheveled appearance and missing teeth. Oh, and the track marks in her lovely arms. Oh and.....

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

Blame it on me. LOL, just kidding.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

Gina, he's like Pavlov and we're his little lab dogs anxiously awaiting our next reward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home