The Cannabis Diaries

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Truth, lies, and Swatches

I just don’t know anymore. Which way is up? Are things black or white? Everything I know is in question. I feel lied to. Eighties music has betrayed me. That sweet musical nectar lied. In my youth I came so many times to suckle from her nourising teat. Now they milk is sour. For I see the web of lies. The following chronicles the false prophesy of the eighties pop stars.

The rhythm isn’t necessarily gonna get me, in fact it usually doesn’t.

More than thirty years of second-hand store shopping, I’ve found no raspberry berets.

Yes, there have been a few bad apples but not everybody wants to rule the world.

It’s really not that hip to be square; it’s really kind of lame.

No one can watch me during every breath I take.

Girls want more than just to have fun.

Love is not a battlefield.

Your name is actually Susan Vega, and I know it.

Some people work on the weekend.

I don’t think either Darryl Hall or John Oats was a family man, if you know what I mean.

By the looks of it those fellows in Bon Jovi were living on more than a prayer.

At least we can be sure of some profound truths that were realized by the music artists of the eighties. It was insights like these that will insure that this decade’s artists are remembered as ‘the philosophical ones’.

Parents really don’t understand.

One thing does lead to another.

The Boss was born here in the USA.

She really is a material girl.

Yes, the Go-Go's do in fact have the beat.

It is, at the very least, hard to drive 55.

In hindsight, perhaps I should not have been so paralized with fear when Sting suggested that our continued existance depended on the evil Russians love for thier children. What truths or lies have you found from this decade of decadence?

6 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

"More than thirty years of second-hand store shopping, I’ve found no raspberry berets." Oh, that cracked me up!! Great post. GREAT! I'll have to think about your question. That was a long time ago.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

Whenever I hear a dove cry I can't help but picture Prince in a bathtub, and that's not a good thing. I hate to hear doves.

Panama is one of the all time best fucking songs ever.

And I have to tell Tina Turner that love has everything to do with it.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger ghartstein said...

Toni Basil taught me that when you take someone by the heart, you take them by the hand.

However, I'm still wondering what "Love Plus One" actually equals.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Rae Ann said...

And you know, I always wanted a Swatch, but never ever got one (I can hear the collective 'aw'). I could get one now, but it just wouldn't be the same.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Nick Danger said...

Rae Ann, I once told a gal that her legs looked so good that Ike Turner was comming over to beat her up.
Mr G, you blow my mind, hey Mr. G clap, clap, clap, clap hey Mr. G clap, clap, clap, clap
Gina, 3 at a time...clever (tips hat)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

There isn't much you can take on the run, even if that's the way you want it baby.
There is no wheel is the sky, hence it can not keep turning.
Mickey really wasn't fine, he was a goddamned mouse.
Video did not kill the radio star.
And to answer the question of the 80s, yes, I really wanted, and still would like to hurt Boy George.

Great post Danger!
Lois Lane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home